Resident Rental Rates Apply Only to 60201 & 60202 Zip Codes
1. The facility usage contract (if applicable) shall be completed and submitted along with a deposit and a copy of renter’s driver’s license or state ID. All rentals over 75 people must be approved by the Director of the Parks/Forestry and Recreation Department or designee. All fees (including deposit) are due a minimum of two weeks prior to the specified date of use, or rental will automatically be canceled. Deposits and payments may be made with cash, personal check or a major credit card. Make all checks payable to the City of Evanston. NOTE: refunds or security deposits shall be returned within 14 days after the date of the rental if no damage occurred.
a. A change from the original contract may result in additional charges.
b. Notice of cancellation must be given to the City of Evanston’s Parks, Recreation & Community Services Department at least fourteen (14) business days prior to the scheduled date of activity (a 75% refund will be issued). Failure to comply will result in forfeiture of payments made.
c. The Parks, Recreation & Community Services Department reserves the right to cancel or shift the rental to other facilities in the event of uncontrollable circumstances, and fees may be adjusted accordingly. All fees will be refunded if an alternate facility does not meet the needs of renter, if a higher fee is not acceptable to the renter, or if an alternate site cannot be found.
d. The Parks, Recreation & Community Services Department reserves the right to revoke any request previously granted, at any time if it is determined that the request contained any misrepresentation or false statement, or that any condition set forth in the policies governing the requests is not being complied with, or that the safety of the participant(s) in the activities of the applicant or their patrons, or visitors to the facility is endangered by the continuation of such activity.
e. The Parks, Recreation & Community Services Department reserves the right to modify the deposit and/or rental fees or required staffing if deemed necessary based on the size or scope of the rental.
2. The Director of Parks, Recreation & Community Services may, from time to time, establish reasonable rules and regulations, for the use of each facility. Such rules and regulations shall be based on a due regard for the purpose for which the facility is established, the safety of those using the facility and parking, of park employees and of the public, the safety and maintenance of park property, the need for and the availability of supervisory personnel, and the maximum number of people who can safely use the facility at one time.
3. Rentals with alcohol are permitted at the Levy Senior Center, the Evanston Ecology Center, the Robert Crown Community Center/Ice Complex, the Fleetwood-Jourdain Community Center, and the Chandler-Newberger Community Center. However, alcohol will not be permitted at the Robert Crown Community Center/Ice Complex, the Fleetwood-Jourdain Community Center, the Evanston Ecology Center or the Chandler-Newberger Community Center if there are programs occurring in the center with participants under the age of 18.
a. An additional clean-up fee will be charged.
b. Serving and consuming of alcoholic beverages will be permitted, provided the renter has filed an application and been granted a ONE-DAY LIQUOR LICENSE with the City. In order to be considered, a Liquor License application must be submitted by the renter or caterer thirty days prior to the rental date.
c. Rentals with alcohol will require the City to schedule Evanston Police Officers/security personnel during the hours of the rental. (For groups of 70 to 125 people, one off-duty Evanston Police Officer must be hired at the renter’s expense. For groups over 125 people, a minimum of two off-duty Evanston Police Officers must be hired at the renter’s expense.
4. The group or organization using the facility will comply with laws of the State of Illinois, the City of Evanston, and any and all rules set forth by the Parks, Recreation & Community Services Department. The group will be responsible for seeing that no member of the group or its guests is under the influence of controlled substances. If violated, the rental will be immediately terminated with no refund. The Ordinance permits smoking only outside the main entrance at least 25 feet from any windows, doors or ventilation systems.
5. The renter is responsible to ensure that all activities are properly controlled and supervised. Adequate adult chaperons must be provided if any group members are less than eighteen years of age. The City of Evanston must approve the chaperones. (One chaperone per every fifteen participants under 18 years of age must be provided). The names and addresses of chaperones must be submitted 48 hours prior to rental.
6. The rental space will be opened at least thirty (30) minutes prior to the hour designated on the facility usage request form. Rental fees will include this time.
7. Renter MUST VACATE the facility at the time designated on the facility usage request form. Failure to vacate will result in double the hourly rate (or any part thereof) service charge. (Arrangements for extended hours may be made at least 48 hours PRIOR to the scheduled date of activities). Approval of extended hours is not guaranteed.
8. Rentals and music must end by 12:00 a.m. following a Friday or Saturday evening rental and by 11:00 p.m. on Sundays. The sound level will be monitored and controlled by City of Evanston staff.
a. The Center Manager or a Parks, Recreation & Community Services Department staff designee reserves the right to request immediate and mandatory lowering of or complete termination of music, due to noise level readings and/or any complaint.
9. The City of Evanston Parks, Recreation & Community Services Department will provide no equipment other than tables and chairs unless otherwise specified on the facility usage request form. Staff will determine room layouts.
10. Any decorations must be attached to walls, windows and doors with tape or string. No staples, tacks, screws or nails are allowed. No item can be attached to or hung from the ceiling or lights. Tables or chairs cannot be used as ladders or step stools.
11. No candles or floating candles are permitted, except for religious purposes, and then only with prior approval.
12. Renter is responsible for leaving the facility in the same condition it was found. Failure to comply will result in loss of the deposit. The deposit will be utilized to compensate for damages; this includes the facility left dirty as well as damage to any equipment or to the facility itself). Renter is required to place trash in the containers provided. If damages exceed the amount of the deposit, the renter will be billed accordingly. Deposits, less the amount retained for damages, if any, will be mailed/returned within two weeks of the rental.
13. City of Evanston telephones are not available to renter (exception: emergency situations). Renter may not use any City of Evanston facility as a mailing address.
14. No admission fees may be charged or concessions sold in any City of Evanston facility or park unless stated in contract and approved by the Director of the Parks, Recreation & Community Services Department. If violated, the rental will be immediately terminated with no refund.
15. If a rental involves a high-risk activity, the Parks, Recreation & Community Services Department will require a Certificate of Insurance naming the City of Evanston as an additional insured. Renter will need to procure and maintain at all times during its use of the center, insurance in such amounts and with such coverages as shall reasonably be required by the City of Evanston and shall name the City of Evanston as an additional insured thereunder. The amounts and type of insurance required shall be determined by the City of Evanston, based upon the nature of the activity and the risk involved. The applicant shall provide the City with a certificate from an insurer evidencing such coverage prior to the applicant’s use of City of Evanston property, and within the time prescribed by the Director of Parks, Recreation & Community Services or his/her designee. The certificate shall also provide that the insurer shall give the City of Evanston reasonable advance notice of the insurer’s intent to cancel the insurance coverage provided.
a. Additionally, certain activities may require hiring of off-duty Evanston Police Officers at the renter’s expense.
16. Bands/DJ/Entertainers must contact the rental coordinator or staff designee at least two (2) weeks prior to rental.
17. Caterers must contact the rental coordinator or staff designee to discuss all catering services and policies at least two (2) weeks prior to rental. The staff designee will work with caterers to determine storing needs, delivery options and drop-off times.
18. The City of Evanston shall not be liable for damages or its failure to perform due to contingencies beyond its reasonable control, including but not limited to fire, storm, public disorder, labor shortages, riots, equipment failures or acts of God/nature.
19. The City of Evanston Recreation Centers are multi-use facilities. Please be aware that there may be other activities/programs taking place in the building during your rental.
20. The City of Evanston is not responsible for any loss, theft or damage of personal property or equipment.
21. The organization or renter will assume liability for any damage done to the building, equipment or park area being used.
22. Kitchen rentals only include use of a designated refrigerator and freezer, microwaves, oven, sinks and counter tops. If any damage is done to any part of the kitchen during the rental, the renter will be responsible for any and all repair costs that exceed the initial deposit. Use of cabinets or use of any dishes or utensils is not permitted.
ECOLOGY CENTER SPECIFIC RENTAL PROCEDURES & REGULATIONS
23. There are no kitchen facilities available at the Ecology Center.
24. Any additional tables or chairs that are brought into the Ecology Center must have cushioned tips on the legs. Delivery and pickup must be supervised by the renter and on the day of the rental unless otherwise approved by rental coordinator or designee.
25. Rental coordinator or designee will not be able to sign for any delivery.
26. There is no access to the classroom/animal room at any time during the rental.
27. No open flames are allowed in the building except for Sterno to keep prepared food warm. Use of Sterno must be approved by the rental coordinator or designee.
28. The following items are not allowed in the Ecology Center: helium balloons, confetti, live animals, paint, glues and piñatas.